Saturday, 18 September 2010

Henry VIII

Your full name: King Henry VIII of England, Defender of the Faith

Your contact address: Oh, probably in one of my many, many palaces.

Your education history: As befitted the younger son of a King of England, I was well tutored with an eye to my becoming a leader of the Church. The tragic death of my older brother allowed me to achieve my full potential.

Your employment history: I am the King of the greatest nation in the world, and head of the best and most true Church. What else could you require?

Please answer the following questions:
What are your interests outside work?
Surely even you have heard of my great musical talents, my magnificent banquets, and of course the Great Matter itself - the production of an heir. My string of unsatisfactory wives has led to a great deal of difficulty in that area. It is such a shame I could not be better rid of them.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My son, Edward, is my greatest achievement. At least until one of these women gives me one who isn't quite so sickly.

Describe a situation in which you have worked as part of a team.
Thomas Cromwell was one of my more competant advisors; although I was of course the driving force, he assisted in bringing about England's separation from the Pope in Rome. How sad it is that my false ministers conspired to have him executed!

What could you bring to the job?
Whatever your country's name is, it requires strong leadership. It is likely still under the opressive rule of the Pope, and needs my guidance to free it from such a weight.

Why do you want this job?
I understand there are attractive women in your country. Perhaps one of them will finally prove satisfactory.
King Henry VIII of England

No comments:

Post a Comment